Green Tomato Marmalade
Recipe type: Marmalade
- 300ml (10 fl oz) water
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 1.8kg (4lb) green tomatoes chopped
- 800g (1lb 12oz) sugar
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- Place water, lemon and oranges in a large pan and cook over a medium heat until the fruit is soft.
- Add the salt, potatoes and sugar, stirring all the time to make sure the sugar is all dissolved.
- Bring to a brisk boil, then allow to cool to a simmer, and leave for between 3 and 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When the marmalade reaches setting point and is obviously thickened, remove from the heat and pour into hot sterilized jars.
- Seal well.