Recipe type: Marmalade
- 1.4kg (3lb) of limes
- 2.7kg (6lb) of sugar
- 2.7l (4½ pints) of water
- Peel the limes, cutting the rind/zest into long thin strips.
- Clean the white pith off the limes.
- Cut limes in half, squeeze the juice into a container and put it to one side.
- Mash or roughly chop the lime halves and place them in a cheesecloth bag.
- Place the lime zest, cheesecloth bag, water and juice in a large pan and leave to soak over night.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 2 hours, or until the zest is soft.
- Remove the cheesecloth bag.
- Add the sugar and stir frequently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Boil, stirring frequently, until the mix reaches setting point.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal well.