Orange and Cranberry Marmalade
- 1.1kg (2½ lb) orange marmalade
- 60ml (4 tablespoons) orange peel (grated)
- 200g (7oz) sugar
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 200g (7oz) of cranberries
- 120ml (1/4 pint) Grand Marnier
- 120ml (1/4 pint) water
- Put the water, sugar and cloves in a pan and heat slowly, on a medium heat, stirring until the sugar is all dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and add the cranberries. Simmer until the berries are soft, but not falling apart.
- Allow to cool whilst moving on to the next stage.
- In a different pan, add the marmalade, Grand Marnier and orange peel. Bring to the boil.
- Boil well until the temperature reaches jelly point, about 110°C (220°F). This should take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the cranberries from the first pot and add them to the marmalade mix, leaving the liquid behind.
- Mix gently to distribute the berries in the marmalade and bring back to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, pour into hot sterilised jars and seal well.
- Store in a cool place