Tangerine Marmalade II
Recipe type: Marmalade
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) tangerines
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- Peel the tangerines, trying to keep the peel in large pieces.
- Set the peel on one side to use later.
- Wrap the fruit up in a cloth bag and pound / squeeze it to remove all the juice. Keep the juice and discard the remaining dry flesh.
- Put the peel and just enough water to cover it into a pan and bring to a simmering boil for 10 minutes. Allow to cool then drain, cover with fresh cold water and leave overnight.
- Drain the peel again and chop into small chunks.
- Put the peel, juice and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil, stirring frequently to make sure the sugar is all dissolved and the mix does not burn.
- Simmer for half an hour, or until the marmalade thickens and reaches setting point.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal well.