Recipe type: Marmalade
- 3 lemons
- 12 tangerines
- Peel the lemons and slice the flesh into thin slices.
- Skin the tangerines, scrape the white off the peel and shred it thinly.
- Cut the tangerines into thin slices and place them in a bowl.
- Add the shredded peel and the lemon slices to the bowl.
- For 450g (1lb) of fruit, add 1.8l (2½ pints) of water and leave the mix to soak for 24 hours.
- Put all the pips into a separate small bowl and leave to stand for 24 hours.
- Add the pip liquid to the fruit mix and boil for half an hour in a pan.
- Allow to cool and leave for 24 hours.
- Put the mixture into a preserving pan and add sugar at the rate of 350g (3/4lb) to every 600ml (1 pint) of fruit pulp.
- Heat the pan and stir constantly until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Boil firmly until the juice will set when tested.
- Skim if necessary, then pour into prepared jars.
Not a quick recipe, but it's a delicious marmalade.