Three Fruit Marmalade
Recipe type: Marmalade
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 orange (large)
- 1 lemon (large)
- 3.6l (6 pints) water
- 2.3kg (5lb) sugar
- Wash and dry the fruit.
- Cut in paper-thin slices, using a very sharp knife or meat slicer.
- Place the water and fruit slices in a non-metallic bowl and let it stand overnight.
- Transfer to a pan, and cook until the peels are tender.
- Return to a non-metallic bowl and let it stand again overnight.
- Transfer to a jam pan, add the sugar and boil until the syrup thickens and reaches setting point.
- Pour into hot sterilised jars and seal.