Peach Jam II
Recipe type: Jam
Serves: About 800g
- 550g (1¼lb) peaches
- 450g (1lb) sugar
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) water
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- Boil a pan of water.
- Drop the peaches into the boiling water, leave in the water for 30 seconds, then transfer to cold water.
- Remove the skins from the peaches.
- Cut the fruits in half, removing the stones and putting them to one side for use later.
- Cut the peach halves into small cubes and place in a preserving pan with the water and lemon juice.
- Simmer gently until the fruit is soft but not pulpy.
- Add the sugar and stir gently until it is fully dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly until setting point is reached.
- Transfer to warmed and sterile jars.
- Seal well.