Redcurrant and Apple Jelly
Recipe type: Jelly
Serves: About 4.5kg (10lb)
- 910g (2lb) redcurrants
- 1.4kg (3lb) cored cooking apples
- 1l (1¾ pints) water
- Roughly chop the apples
- Place the apples and redcurrants in a preserving pan.
- Add the water to the pan
- Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for an hour.
- Measure the volume of juice in the pan.
- For every 600ml (1 pint) add 450g (1lb) of sugar.
- Heat gently until the sugar is fully dissolved, then boil rapidly until setting point is reached.
- Pour into heated sterile jars
- Seal immediately