Redcurrant and Blackcurrant Jam
- 1.25kg (2lb 12oz|) mixed red and blackcurrants
- 750ml (1 pint 7fl oz) water
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- Top and tail the currants
- Place the currants and the water in a preserving pan and heat gently until the currants are well cooked and broken down.
- Add the sugar and increase the heat whilst stirring well.
- Ensure that all the sugar is dissolved, then bring to the boil.
- Boil hard until setting point is reached.
- Transfer to warmed and sterile jars, and seal well.