Apple and Lemon Curd
Recipe type: Curd
Serves: About 1kg
- 910g (2lb) peeled and cored cooking apples
- 225g (8oz) sugar
- 225g (8oz) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- Chop the peeled and cored apple into rough chunks.
- Place the apple, with a little water,, in a bowl and cook until soft.
- Whisk or beat the soft apple to form a puree.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the butter and sugar to the apple puree.
- Add the eggs and beat them into the mix.
- Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water and cook slowly for about half-an-hour.
- When the mixture thickens, add the juice of the lemon, and stir well.
- Pour into pre-heated and sterile jars.
- Seal well.