Three Fruit Marmalade II
Recipe type: Marmalade
- 1 large grapefruit
- 1 large orange
- 1 large lemon
- Wash the fruits well, then cut into very thin slices, without peeling first.
- Place in a large jam pan and add water to cover the fruit at the rate of 3 measures of water to every 2 measures of fruit.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and allow to cook for about 2 hours.
- Remove from the heat, measure the liquid and add 450g (1lb) of sugar for every 600ml (1pint) of liquid.
- Return to the stove and bring to a rapid boil.
- Continue at a good boil until the mix thickens and reaches setting point. Stir all the time to prevent the mix from burning.
- Pour into hot sterilised jars and seal well.