Raspberry and Rhubarb Jam
Recipe type: Jam
- 500g (1lb 2oz) rhubarb
- 1kg (2lb 3oz) raspberries
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- Place the rhubarb and raspberries in a preserving pan.
- Very gently heat the fruit and stir with a spoon to crush the raspberries.
- Make sure the bottom of the pan does not burn the fruit before enough juice has been liberated.
- Once the fruit is wet and juicy, cook until the rhubarb is tender and pulpy.
- Add the sugar and stir until all the sugar has been dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil hard until setting point is reached.
- Transfer to warmed and sterile jars, and seal well.