Rhubarb and Strawberry Jam
Recipe type: Jam
- 450g (1lb) rhubarb
- 450g (1lb) strawberries
- 400g (14oz) sugar
- 1 large lemon
- Cut the rhubarb into 1.5cm (1/2 inch) chunks.
- Place the rhubarb and sugar in a preserving pan, and stir gently to coat all the fruit in sugar.
- Leave to stand for two hours.
- Add the strawberries.
- Add the juice from one large lemon.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring gently until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Boil rapidly until setting point is reached.
- Pour into heated sterile jars, and seal immediately.